Cranial iD™ Pterional PLUS
Pterional PLUS is the direct result of a collaboration effort with a leading craniofacial surgeon. Pterional PLUS uses the design process and materials already utilized for customized cranial implants that are designed to enhance the post operative results over time. Repeat procedures using our Pterional PLUS implant experienced no persistent temporal hollowing (PTH). Therefore, patients who receive a Pterional PLUS implant may not require a revision surgery to correct PTH; surgeons may be more efficient, and healthcare could be more cost-effective.
Features and benefits:
- Reconstruction for both bony and soft tissues
- Design session utilizes a patented dynamic algorithm, allowing the designer to augment and adjust the implant based on the surgeon’s requests
- Available in the material of your choice, including MEDPOR and PEEK, to accommodate the preferred surgical application
- ^Amir Wolff, DMD, Gabriel F. Santiago, MD, Micah Belzberg, BS, Charity Huggins, AS, Michael Lim, MD, Jon Weingart, MD, William Anderson, PhD, MD, Alex Coon, MD, Judy Huang, MD, Henry Brem, MD, and Chad Gordon, DO, FACS. “Adult Cranioplasty Reconstruction With Customized Cranial Implants: Preferred Technique, Timing, and Biomaterials” The Journal of Craniofacial Surgery, Vol 00, No. 00, 2018, pp
- ^Asemota, A., Santiago, G.F., Zhong, S., Gordon, C.R. (in press). “Comparative Cost Analysis of Single and Mutli-Stage Temporal Deformity Correction Following Neurosurgical Procedures”. Journal of Craniofacial Surgery .